Did you finally bite the bullet and get a website up for your business? Did you then cross it off your list and move on to the next thing?
Your website should always be on your to do list. It should play a big part in your business, how can you make it better, how can you get more traffic, and on and on.
Your website is like that 24/7 salesperson, it’s always working for you. You should always be putting your best foot forward. Your website is an investment, make it work for you.
Here are some tips on making your website work for you:
- WEBSITE: If you don’t have one and your waiting around thinking it’s just a passing fad. It’s not, get one!
- PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE: Promote your website…..make sure your website is on all your print material, be proud of it and tell people about it.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Social media is great, but have a plan. Use your website as home base. Drive people back to your website. Don’t put all your eggs in one social media basket.
- MOBILE: Is your website mobile ready? Most people are using their phones and tablets to do research and shop. Make sure your either have a responsive website or if you don’t make sure you have a mobile website.
- SEO….you must hear that acronym constantly. It means search engine optimization, which is in a nutshell, how your website ranks in the search engines, i.e. Google, Bing, etc. Make sure to consult with a professional to make sure your website is fully optimized.
If your not sure about any of these, consult a professional. Sometimes you spend more money doing it (and redoing it) yourself, which can be frustrating when things don’t work the way you want them to.